Re: Florence winners

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Florence winners
  • From: "irischap" <irischapman@netscape.net>
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 12:53:10 -0000

--- In iris-photos@y..., IrisLady <IrisLady@c...> wrote:
> Chuck, you should be excited and proud!  Will you be introducing
your colorful seedling soon?  Who are the parents?  Both of those
iris pictured are simply fantastic!  congratulations!!  :-)

> Margie
> Oro Valley, AZ.
> zone 8/9

Atrist's Pallette was inroduced in 2000. parents are 89-329-3(
Sultan's Honey sib (Supreme Sultan x Coral Beauty)) X 89-352-1(Honky
Tonk Blues x Condottiere) Very large flower, excellent branching.
Carries tangerine. Flowers can have a green tone when first open.
Note thin chocolate edge around falls, much more noticable in person
then in photo.

Twilight Cloud-- Breakers X Mary D always has excellent flower form,
and very nice branching.

Both of these are very cold tolerent and good growers.  Question was
posted re heat tolerence. I have no information on this other then I
havn't heard of any problems re any of my intros in hot weather.

Chuck Chapman

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!