Re: Seedling JS-Sil-00-2

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Seedling JS-Sil-00-2
  • From: "Judy Hunt" <judyhunt1@bellsouth.net>
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 18:28:43 -0400

What a bud count, Margie!  The iris is pretty but the fragrance would be the reason for me to add it to the garden.  Hope it does even better for you next year.  Maybe we will see it introduced.  The Ghio Double Bubble is indeed a lovely thing...love the color.
Judy Hunt in Louisville, KY

Here is seedling JS-SiL-00-2.  (Jessie's Song x Silverado)  This purple iris has multiple stocks, and the one main stalk has 11 buds.  The other stalks about 4 buds a piece. (A total of nineteen buds) AND it smells like sweet grape juice - - even when you are about 4 feet away. First year for me, so I'll see what happens next year. (I'm hoping it'll do the same next year.) The other siblings were not near as nice. Those parents even threw me some BB's. Early blooming.
Oro Valley, AZ.
zone 8/9

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor