Re: Seedling (F-10-V-00)

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Seedling (F-10-V-00)
  • From: "irischap" <irischapman@netscape.net>
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 13:14:14 -0000

--- In iris-photos@y..., jpvhook@a... wrote:
> Chuck,
>
> Hot Dogs & Mustard X Romantic Evening. I'm still working on BC's
> X Non-Plic's

>           John Van Hook>

That makes a lot of sense to me. I've suspected that the red bearded
dark vlt/black are actually zonals, which are plicata with four sets
of the luminata gene, and that the broken colour plants are a mix of
different plicata alleles with two luminata genes present. The vlt
background is one anthrocyanin pigment which I suspect is not
affected by the plicata genes. I've seen several examples of this.
The darker splashes are one of the anthocyanion pigments that are
affected by the plicata gene. black seemsd to be a combination of
various anthocyanins which are different enough to have indepdant
expression. This fits well with the theories that I'm currently
chassing down. I tried using Romantic Evening last year and had no
takes with it as pod or pollen parent. I'll try again.

Chuck
Chapman

Kwick Pick opens locked car doors,
front doors, drawers, briefcases,