[PHOTO] Re: Chimera photo | Thu, 23 May 2002 11:40:32" />

[PHOTO] Re: Chimera photo

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] Chimera photo
  • From: John I Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com>
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 09:40:14 -0700

Toms picture actually does not look like a true chimera to me. Notice
that the right hand fall has blue on both sides of the white. In a true
chimera (IMO) the flower is divided in half by color yielding (in this
case) one blue fall, one white fall and one that is divided down the
middle blue on one side, white on the other.

The same applies to the Standards.

I have attached a picture Mike Sutton posted in Jan as illustrative of
the pattern.

I am wondering if Tom's picture is really a color break?

All of this of course takes nothing away from the attractivness of the
flower he posted

Tom Greaves wrote:

> Here is the "chimera" photo that was posted in January.  If
> anyone knows where I can buy such an iris, please let me
> know.

http://www.AISGiftShop.com

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA