Re: TB: photo size

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] TB: photo size
  • From: John I Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com>
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 15:03:43 -0700

Margie,

When you forwarded my message to the list, you scared me into thinking I
had accidently sent it to the list which I had no intention of doing.
But since you opened it to the forum I will continue the discussion here.

First of all, I always encourage people to send their
comments/complaints to me rather than to an individual on the list. It
allows me to temper what is said and hopefully avoids anyone thinking
they are being flamed. Sometimes I don't agree with the complaint and so
have a different issue to deal with.

You do take great pictures, I don't think anyone would disagree with
that. I also don't want you to think there was a "hue and cry" about
your posts, there was not.

That being said, if you set your dpi down to 72 from 150 you will
quarter the size of your files and that should solve any issues.
Compression depends a lot on what the content of the picture is. Some
will compress a lot, others not so. I have always said that a picture
size between 3X3 to 5X5 should be very acceptable for the list.

Keep on posting

John

--
http://www.AISGiftShop.com