Re: short stalks

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] short stalks
  • From: "Mike Sutton" suttons@lightspeed.net
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 06:33:18 -0700

Happening here too Tony, probably a weather related thing.  Very long cold spring with flashes of nice days in between.  How cold were you yesterday morning?  we were down to 38 here at the ranch, very cold for late spring.  another possibility is some sort of chemical damage by herbicides.  did you spray any herbicides on or near your iris this year?  a late application of pre-emergent will sometimes stunt and twist stalks.
Mike