Re: Re: Buttermilk Blush TB

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: Buttermilk Blush TB
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 14:50:15 EDT

In a message dated 5/2/2003 12:34:43 PM Central Daylight Time, donald@eastland.net writes:

My BB is cream white flushed just a bit with an infusion of peachy
pink.  Nice combo.

I expect your discription of color fits my flower. If you are standing back from it the overall impression is a pale, pale yellow or cream. When you look closer as in the photo the peach tints are pretty obvious. I have never attempted to use this plant as a parent.

Colorwise maybe it is more like the inside of a pawn of fresh cornbread to which the cook added  a pinch of turmeric and two pinches of paprika usin' white self risin' corn meal in the mixins and leavin' out the egg.

Pretty sure I nailed the color this time.

Bill Burleson 7a/b

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor