SHINING WATERS

  • Subject: [iris-photos] SHINING WATERS
  • From: Mickey Corley mcorley@compuserve.com
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 08:42:19 -0400

Message text written by INTERNET:iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
>"Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net><

Donald,

I acquired Shining Waters in 1953 but over the years my iris identification
became a maze and I had been unable to determine which of my blues was
Shining Waters - too many, too near alike.  When I got it I could find no
picture of it in a catalog, so only had the description to go by.  I had
been unable to find an image of it on the HIPS site and since it is an old
iris, no one was posting pictures of it.

I believe when the sun comes up, I'll be able to go out and find that
child.  Thanks for such an excellent photo and how the heck did you get
that lady bug to stand still for you.  I tried to catch one on an iris the
other day, but by the time it quite wandering around, out of sight, and I
got the camera focused - she flew.

Mickey Corley (Mrs.)
Bethany, OK - Center of Oklahoma USA
Zone 5/6