Re: Batik imposters

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Batik imposters
  • From: Barbara Jackson jacksonb@brandonu.ca
  • Date: Sat, 03 May 2003 15:46:40 -0500

Hello, Harold.

Finally!  Someone else has what happened to me with this iris.  For 5 years
Batik grew and flowered as it should look.  Then last year, it bloomed like
the first one of your pictures.  I was amazed and just a little freaked out
to say the least thinking someone had replaced the real thing with an
'imposter'.  Nobody would admit.  I am really looking forward to seeing
what it looks like this year.  If you ever get an explanation I'd like to
hear it.  Nobody believes me about it anymore.

BJ in SW MB, Canadian Prairies, Zone 3ish.

At 06:57 AM 5/3/03 -0700, you wrote:
>The following two flowers are from a commercial garden customer of mine.
>They were supposed to be Batik but are quite different in both flower and
>clump characteristics. <snip>

Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!