Re: CINNAMON STICK

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: CINNAMON STICK
  • From: "donald" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Sat, 03 May 2003 23:55:40 -0000

Colleen,

> I suspect you don't grow Betty Cooper :-)

Your suspicions are correct.  I like the spurias a lot.  Their
drawbacks are the time it takes to get them established and their
late bloom habits.  The former reason makes me hesitate because I
don't know long term whether the latter will be too big a drawback
in the end.  So I have a very few plants.  Every year the clumps get
better and I love the foliage (wish it would stay evergreen all
summer), but heat, wind and insects are plentiful when the bloom and
all have taken their toll when they try to bloom.  They sure seem to
be happy on the edge of the hill between the outcropping of rocks.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Get A Free Psychic Reading!