Re: TB: Miah Jane

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: TB: Miah Jane
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@volfirst.net
  • Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 07:28:03 -0400

Tom is a little technophobic, which is why I wanted to show him how easy
digital cameras are <g>.  Not a bad photo!  Wife Grace does computer
stuff & helps with seedling selection.  Very nice people.
<gparkhill@juno.com>

Be warned - MIAH JANE is not very happy in my frost pocket.  Only his
reject seedlings seem to like it here - he usually gives me starts of
everything just to see how they will do here & sometimes I beg some of
his later blooming rejects.  Two of those are terrific garden irises,
but he won't introduce them.  CHIEF JOHN JOLLY (I think that's right) is
a new one of his coming out that seems to grow well here, but was too
small to bloom this spring.

<Awesome ruffles!  That is a beautiful blue iris.  I note that MIAH
                   JANE was introduced 2001 by Tom himself.  Is there a
mailing address
                   for his garden or an e-mail, perhaps?   Neil
Mogensen  z6b/7a near Asheville, NC >

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.