[PHOTO] SDB Seedling: M9735-1 | Sun, 4 May 2003 19:50:15" />

[PHOTO] SDB Seedling: M9735-1

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] SDB Seedling: M9735-1
  • From: Sterling Okase sterling_o@yahoo.com
  • Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 17:50:09 -0700 (PDT)

This is one of my seedlings. It's from a cross
involving Stinger. No horns. Gold Standards, dark red
falls with a bronzy-red rim, striking bushy blue
beards. It blooms at 15", grows like a weed, very
compact clumping habit and consisitenly has 4-5 buds
per stem that bloom slowly, one at a time. The bummer
is the flower form is rather undesirable. I just can't
bring myself to throw it away. I am such a mother. It
gave me pods last year so I am hoping for something
with better form.

Sterling
Seattle, WA. zone 8

http://search.yahoo.com