Re: SDB Seedling: M9735-1

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] SDB Seedling: M9735-1
  • From: Christopher Darlington chris.darlington@sympatico.ca
  • Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 21:23:13 -0400

Wow, what a grower !!!  I wouldn't be able to throw it away either.  I
love the color combo with those great baby blue beards.  I love seeing
seedling photos, send more if you have them.

I also enjoy seeing hybridizer's most ugly seedlings.  This could be an
interesting thread if anybody wants to contribute.  I most certainly
had  a few miserable seedlings bloom last year that almost shocked me
because they were SO ugly.

Sterling Okase wrote:
> This is one of my seedlings. It's from a cross
> involving Stinger. No horns. Gold Standards, dark red
> falls with a bronzy-red rim, striking bushy blue
> beards. It blooms at 15", grows like a weed, very
> compact clumping habit and consisitenly has 4-5 buds
> per stem that bloom slowly, one at a time. The bummer
> is the flower form is rather undesirable. I just can't
> bring myself to throw it away. I am such a mother. It
> gave me pods last year so I am hoping for something
> with better form.
> Sterling
> Seattle, WA. zone 8
>  [Image]