[PHOTO] Three 1st year seedlings (not for the bloom yet) | Sun, 4 May 2003 21:46:16" />

[PHOTO] Three 1st year seedlings (not for the bloom yet)

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Three 1st year seedlings (not for the bloom yet)
  • From: Sandy Ives rives@rogers.com
  • Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 22:46:16 -0400

  A story.

My dad called me early last week (that's early spring for Oregon folk)
and asked me to move one seedling bed from Point 'E' to Point 'B'. Given
that he is letting me use four of his vegetable beds for my seedlings, I
agreed to venture forth (1,000 kM round trip) and do so.

Much to his surprise (family humour), I did so in the same week he asked.

The bed in question had approximately 200 seedlings just beginning their
second year. Most were TBxSDB crosses, but 21 were 'Sargent Preston' X
'Sea Power'. The three attached images all come from a single seed pod.

This was a surprise. I'll be taking a look at these over the summer to
see if the variagation holds true. I didn't see the variagation last
year due to the size of the seedlings.

Sandy Ives in Ottawa (where the reticulatas are at their peak... I hope)