Re: SDB Seedling: M9735-1 - poor flower form

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: SDB Seedling: M9735-1 - poor flower form
  • From: "nmogens" neilm@charter.net
  • Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 21:02:27 -0000

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, Sterling Okase <sterling_o@y...>
wrote:
"Thanks for the kind words guys. Attached is a couple of shots so you
can see the poor form."

Sterling,

I don't see this a "poor form" at all.  I like the form.  It has
classic elegance and simplicity.  After all, the function of the form
is to display the iris and please the viewer's eye through the over-
all impression.  This seedling certainly pleases!  The classic form
and horizontally flared falls serve an SDB quite well.

"Poor" form on an SDB (IMHO)might include such things as pinched or
recurved falls that fail to display the colors.  Not every iris has
to have ruffling and extreme width to be quite a showy success.  Much
depends on the number of stalks produced, the order and sequence of
bloom and so on.  You have an entirely satisfactory seedling here to
my notion.  Apparently a lot of us think so.

Neil Mogensen  z 6b/7a near Asheville, Hendersonville, NC

Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/BVVfoB/hP.FAA/uetFAA/2gGylB/TM