  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: STRIPED BUTTERFLY
  • From: "donald" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 14:11:11 -0000

> Maybe I'm getting my Butterflies mixed up, I'm not sure.  Isn't
> one 1/8 aril ?

By parentage, yes.  Those were disqualified as arilbreds in a
revision of the definition at one time, so would now be classified as
TBs. Several of the older ones I've posted fit in this category.

> I think it's very elegant.

And very blue.  Probably not as blue as the photo shows, but when
gazing at it in the garden and turning your back, the photo is very
much what remains in the mind.  I grow both parents.  CAHOKIA was
nearby and it also is very blue.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.