[PHOTO] HIST: Copper Lustre Not | Wed, 7 May 2003 16:37:02" />

[PHOTO] HIST: Copper Lustre Not

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] HIST: Copper Lustre Not
  • From: dferguson@cabq.gov
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 15:36:48 -0600

In a message some time ago, Cindy Rivera posted the following.  I am not
certain about this identification, but I was highly impressed by the
likeness of her photo to one of my unnknown plants.  I have since had a
plant of President Pilkington come into flower.  My unknown plant that
grows like crazy, and the plant of President Pilkington are identical and
are clearly the same plant (I need to look up the source of the ordered
plant, but it was ordered from a nursery in 2001 or 2002).  When I compare
the plants with Cindy's photo, I think it is the same, but cannot be
absolutely positive.  Also, my plants looke exactly like published photos
of President Pilkington EXCEPT that the published photos are always less
brown, especially in the standards.  I supsect that the plant either varies
in color with climate and soil, OR the photos have been "adjusted".

                      "grower"
                      <grower@qwest.net        [iris-photos] HIST: Copper Lustre Not
 .                    >

                      02/15/03 09:21 PM
                      Please respond to
                      iris-photos

I don't believe this is Copper Lustre as it has very dark Purple Based
Foliage. Does anyone have any guesses? I have acquired more plants of
Copper Lustre from another source and they do not have PBF.

Thanks,
Cindy Rivera
Los Lunas, NM

 (See attached file: Copper Lustre.jpg)