Re: SIB or SPU difference

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] SIB or SPU difference
  • From: Gerry Snyder gerrysnyder@attbi.com
  • Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 05:27:08 -0700

Mickey Corley wrote:

> I planted this iris as a no-name Siberian iris many years ago.  Are
> Siberian iris a class(?) of the Spuria species or a different species.

Spurias are a series, that is, a group of closely related species. They
are distinct from the Siberians, which are actually two series with
different chromosome counts (one of which is closely related to the
Pacific Coast Irises, native to California and points north).

Nice looking pix you posted. Wish Siberians grew that well here. Sorry I
can't help with its identification.

Gerry
--
mailto:gerrysnyder@attbi.com
American Iris Society Affiliates Chair, Symposium Chair, and Director

Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/YoVfrB/XP.FAA/uetFAA/2gGylB/TM