Re: SIB or SPU difference

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] SIB or SPU difference
  • From: ROBERT PRIES pries@prodigy.net
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 18:31:38 -0700 (PDT)

Note it depends on where you are in the Midwest the
Spurioas bloom well after the Siberians
--- John Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com> wrote:

Harold Peters wrote:

> I am not an expert but I do grow both Siberians and
spurias. Your Siberian
> looked like a spuria to me. Both the flower form and
clump size
> appeared to
> be a spuria.

I agree, eespecially with the way the second bloom
invades the terminal,
shape and size of the foliage. Generally I don't think
Sibs have that
big a flower.  Bloom season for SPUs is before SIBs as

                         |  Annotation used by ancient
                         |  to indicate the edge of
the known world.

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)