Re: Taking Pictures

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Taking Pictures
  • From: "doris934" doris934@htg.net
  • Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 11:11:30 -0000

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "nebrjean1027" <jms1027@c...>
wrote:
> I am wondering if any of other participants in this forum have
advice
> on using digital cameras.  I just don't seem to be getting
the "hang"
> of it.  I am using an Olympus C720 Ultra Zoom.  I am in zone 4b and
> our irises are just starting.  I want to get pictures of all for my
> notebook/file.
>
> Jean

Hi Jean:You have a great little camera! I have an older Olympus 450Z.
The very best advise I can give you is to have the camera in hand and
the book open. Learn the very basics. . that the card is in, that the
batteries are good, how to open the lense and where the button to
take the picture is. Once that's understood, go take some pictures of
anything. . and view them. Once you do that, then read some more and
experiment. Learn how to erase and format. . learn how to zoom in and
out. Honest, it's not difficult if you break it down into pieces.
Rather like eating an elephant. . you know, "one bite at a time." One
of the most wonderful features of a digital is that you are not
wasting film so just get out there and take pictures. Practice,
evaluate what you've taken, learn from your mistakes. Oh, and don't
take it all so seriously. . have fun learning and don't be hard on
yourself. It'll all fall into place!!
Doris Elevier

Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.