Re: YANKEE PRIDE

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: YANKEE PRIDE
  • From: "donald" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 22:14:22 -0000

> Is this a true blue as it appears to be?

Not really.  It is close enough that it leaves the impression of
being as blue as the photo.  I haven't ever seen any iris that I
would dub true blue, though there are many that give a 'blue feel'
and leave a memory that is blue.  There used to be a photo on
Maryott's web page, if I remember, that caused me to buy this one.
It gave the same impression.  Mike Sutton may have one for
comparison.  Sutton's was the source for the one in the photo.  I'm
finding those that have that 'feel blue' look to them photograph
even more blue while those that lack it photograph too lavender.
Tough to get perfect.  I have one of Tasco's SPLASHACATA with two
blooms open - the top bloom appears rich blue, the bottom one a
pronounced red purple.  Neither color correct for the blooms, but
all the background and green appear true.  Not close enough for me.
I may delete it and try another year.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA