[PHOTO] Batik and true color | Mon, 12 May 2003 23:49:27" />

[PHOTO] Batik and true color

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Batik and true color
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 00:49:02 EDT

Batik's color, like most irises, can be difficult to photo and accurately
portray. Few cameras short of the mega buck type, and perhaps not even them,
are capable of capturing the full spectrum of colors. Most in fact have a
bias toward one or more of the primary colors.

From a practical standpoint if we wish to depict accurate color we must
usually take a lot of photos. Take them under different light/shade
conditions and at different times of the day until we get it right.

As an alternative computer software can be used to adjust the color. Tweaking
color with software is risky unless I have a bloom beside the computer
monitor. Else I find myself making the photo look the way I wish the iris

Bill Burleson

Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!