[PHOTO] Re: SIB or SPU difference | Tue, 13 May 2003 10:13:16" />

[PHOTO] Re: SIB or SPU difference

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re:[iris-photos] SIB or SPU difference
  • From: Mickey Corley mcorley@compuserve.com
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 11:12:40 -0400

I would like to thank everyone who responded to my query.  Please forgive a
novice photographer for misleading you into thinking this was a white
iris.I didn't realize that the picture looked so white.  The falls are
yellow but were covered by the sepals. I have attached photos showing more
detail of the falls as well as the bloom pattern on the stalk.  These were
taken inside with existing light so the colors would be more true.

Also, I didn't think to give the bloom pattern on the stalk.  There are
normally 4 - 5 blooms per stalk which start blooming at the end of my
bearded iris season.  These are about the last blooms and the blooms
measure Horizontal: 3 1/2" - Vertical: 2 1/2"
If I remember correctly, the second bud from the top opened first.

Please excuse my ignorance - I had never heard of  Iris orientalis formerly
called Iris ochroleuca.  With this more detail, do you still think it is a

Mickey Corley
Bethany, OK - Center of Oklahoma USA
Where the  May 8 tornado missed but the May 9 one got 2 bradford pear trees
& a maple.  There was r limb damage in other trees but were savable.  Iris
and other flowers had no damage.  No structural damage and we were out of
town so missed the terror of it.

Message text written by INTERNET:iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
ROBERT PRIES <pries@prodigy.net>

>Spurias and siberians are in two very different
series. Your picture looks like Iris orientalis
formerly called Iris ochroleuca. It is very different
from Iris sanguinea a siberian which was formerly
called Iris orientalis. Maybe this is a source of some

Message text written by INTERNET:iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
>"Robert Dickow" <dickow@uidaho.edu><

Orientalis is an all white iris, very pure white, with a yellow splotch, or
blaze, in the falls center.

The picture is orientalis. Trust me. I grow hundreds of these.

Bob Dickow, webmaster
Spuria Iris Society