RE: please help identify

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos] please help identify
  • From: Gina Sideris jpapillon@earthlink.net
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 07:41:18 -0400

Excellent!  Thanks Bill.

Gina (Zone 6)

-----Original Message-----
From: oneofcultivars@aol.com [mailto:oneofcultivars@aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2003 11:21 PM
To: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com

In a message dated 5/14/2003 9:47:45 PM Central Daylight Time, jpapillon@earthlink.net writes:

Unknown; in my garden from previous owners, who didn’t know it either.   It’s only about 6” tall.  I’m new at this – all helpful suggestions appreciated.

Looks like like iris tectorum to me. Attached is one growing here for comparison. It's stalk is closer to 12 inches in length here. Common name is Japanese Roof Iris.

Bill Burleson 7a/b

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor