Re: Re: TB: Prosperous Voyage? (not Dime Spot)

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: TB: Prosperous Voyage? (not Dime Spot)
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 09:41:26 EDT

In a message dated 5/15/2003 7:13:59 AM Central Daylight Time, lmann@volfirst.net writes:

Bill, your photo of PROSPEROUS VOYAGE seems to show a lot less ruffling
& crimping on the edges & a more of an orange beard than mine, but maybe
that's just the photos?

This iris has very heavy substance - leathery.  How about PV?

Of the bloom characteristics we attempt to describe ruffling is one of the more subjective in it's manifestation as latitude and conditions vary. Beard color inside the throat is more consistant in color from location to location than beard color on the top surfaces of the falls. It offers a better clue for the ID sluth. Sadly, I did not examine or photo throat beard color on this iris. Substance here is about mid-range for irises growing here from the 1985-1995 decade. I would not characterize the substance here as heavy within the current meaning of the word. All in all, I suppose it depends on what the meaning of what "is" is.

Smilin' and hedgin' some,
Bill Burleson 7a/b

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor