Re: photo posts

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: photo posts
  • From: "donald" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 20:27:32 -0000

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, Linda Mann <lmann@v...> wrote:
> One way to tell whether or not a photo you want to post is going to
fit
> on screen is to open the file in your browser <before> you email it.

Not necessarily.  On mine it can be set at different percentages, but
what is sent as an attachment is ALWAYS 100%.  I discovered how it
worked by sending emails with the attachments to myself before
sending them on elsewhere, but I also used real human Guinea pigs as
well on an individual basis and they were helpful as well (you know
your names - thanks).  If you have the percentage bit on the program,
set it at 100% before you resize.  Then you can watch how it looks as
you reduce it further and further.  Some, for whatever reason, reduce
more agreeably than other photos.  If you send the attachment after
it has been successfully resized set on 100%, it tends to come out
the same on the photo group.  You'll either have to send it directly
from the resize stage or save it as permanently resized to do that.
I don't like to save them, so I send them directly and then don't
save.  To send it again I'd have to go through the resizing again or
they'd be huge all over again.  This may or may not be helpful,
depending on what you are using.

A newbie at sending photo attachments as well.  You'll get there.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/uetFAA/2gGylB/TM