Re: RC: Andromache

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] RC: Andromache
  • From: Patricia Wenham h.schinkep@verizon.net
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 17:09:55 -0700

Elm,

Did the frost hurt any of your blooms?  It wrecked some of mine.  It did
not seem to hurt anything other than bloom that did not have much
substance in the first place.

I just adore Andromache.  I could sit and look at it and think noble
thoughts all day long.  Well, no, I suppose I would have to weed my
garden so I could even see the beautiful thing.

Betty came to enjoy my flowers and I gave her a couple rhizomes with
bloom stalks intact to see if they would continue to bloom for her.  She
wanted the really old iris and I have some of them and they are large
clumps so this will be an experiment to see if they survive well, or at
all.  If not there are several more rhizomes here to be moved in July.

I hope you have a great weekend and that your iris are not all snapped
off by the wind that seems to HAVE to blow.

Patti

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/uetFAA/2gGylB/TM