[PHOTO] a siberian by any other name...... | Sun, 18 May 2003 21:02:32" />

[PHOTO] a siberian by any other name......

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] a siberian by any other name......
  • From: Bill & Gale Wells wells@train.missouri.org
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 21:01:54 -0500

Ok, you iris sleuths, it's my turn to ask for help with an ID. I've
attached pics of an iris that I purchased several years ago as Butter
and Sugar. I planted it in a very moist spot where it languished for a
couple of years, surviving, but little else. Last year, I moved it to a
spot where its feet could dry out and it responded pretty well, and
bloomed this year. The pictures of Butter and Sugar that I have seen
online show yellow falls with white standards, so it obviously was not
true to name. This was my first Siberian, and I have not seen others in
person, but the foliage and growth habit look very similar to that of
Super Ego that I got last year, so I would assume it is a siberian. The
bloom is at 22 inches and I have attached both a mug and clump shot.

Any ideas?

Bill Wells (in southern MO where the rains just keep on coming, causing
more fallen stalks than ever before)