Re: Reverse SA

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Reverse SA
  • From: "Judy Hunt" judyhunt1@bellsouth.net
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 16:35:16 -0400

> We've been working on reverse SAs for a while now.  This is the cleanest
> most contrasting one yet.  Reminds me of a handle bar mustache.
> Eagle Control X L-154-A (Bottom's Up)>

Mike, this iris is so cute!  I had to laugh when I saw it. Barry Bingham,
the former publisher of our local newspaper, the Louisville
"Courier-Journal", has a mustache that looks just like this one (except that
it's not blue)!  The Bingham family owned two newspapers, a television
station and a radio station here for many years.  They are one of "the"
families in Louisville. Barry's father, who was owner-publisher before
Barry, was once ambassador to England.  Incidentally, they sold out to
Gannett several years ago and the paper has never been the same.  Barry's
mustache is an unmistakable trademark.

Judy Hunt
Louisville, KY
Zone 6