[PHOTO] "Karen's Black Iris" | Sun, 25 May 2003 11:47:48" />

[PHOTO] "Karen's Black Iris"

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] "Karen's Black Iris"
  • From: "Cheryl Leigh Chamberlin" clc@cherylleigh.com
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 12:46:06 -0400

My friend Karen gave this iris to me in 2001. It budded last year but the
bud never opened, so it's a first-time bloomer. She says she has the name
somewhere but she can't find it. She had been disappointed because the iris
was blooming "dark purple" in her garden instead of black-black. Well, it's
dark purple in my garden, too, and very hard to photograph, especially
rain-soaked. :(

Cheryl Leigh