Re: Almaden (Maryott '90)

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Almaden (Maryott '90)
  • From: "nmogens" neilm@charter.net
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 16:22:33 -0000

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, oneofcultivars@a... wrote:
> In a message dated 5/26/2003 1:02:00 AM Central Daylight Time,
> wells@t... writes:>
> > Am I posting too many pics?
Bill Burleson responded:
"...I am proud to get them regardless of how they come. Too many? The
> problem here is more one of not enough.
> Guess this is the preacher's long way of sayin' I love 'em all. So
keep them coming as you see fit."

Neil adds his two cents worth:

I've never had the pleasure of growing Maryott's Almaden, so enjoying
it in other gardens by way of pictures gives me the same kind of
satisfaction Bill describes.  I couldn't have said what all he said a
bit better.  Delightfully well said, very astute observations.
Thanks, Bill!

Neil Mogensen  z 6b/7a near Asheville/Hendersonville, where the "6b"
area of the garden is still going strong despite eight inches of rain
in May.