[PHOTO] potential companion plant | Thu, 29 May 2003 19:10:56" />

[PHOTO] potential companion plant

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] potential companion plant
  • From: "Donald Eaves" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 19:09:29 -0500

I love this native plant.  This is the finest stand I've ever seen blooming.
Photo was taken this a.m. after wading the thick grass in the road ditch
hoping to avoid an unpleasant company such as a rattlesnake.  The tallest of
these were more than 7', but their diameter probably never exceeded 5".
With there lacy foliage and upright growth, they would seem to be ideal for
planting in an iris bed.  I'm not sure if they are annuals, perennials or
what, but I'm considering trying to collect some seeds from these and giving
it a try.  If I remember once that spectacular red color isn't there to
remind me.  I'll post a closeup of the blooms shortly.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/CNxFAA/2gGylB/TM