Re: Visit to Neil Mogensen

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Visit to Neil Mogensen
  • From: "nmogens" neilm@charter.net
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 01:34:17 -0000

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, Patricia Wenham <h.schinkep@v...>
> It was indeed great to see Neil on the screen to assure us that he
> getting around and is able to get out and enjoy his garden again.
I do
> not know if any of the club members would be welcome to help in
> garden but if so it might be a club project some day to go and get
> things cleaned up for Neil... Neil, keep on improving. --Patti

Thanks for your good wishes, Patti.  I have had some local folks help
and offer also.  One of my daughters came from middle Tennessee three
times last summer and worked hard for a full day each time.  Then
this spring one of my friends from church came and sprayed for borer
and leaf spot.  I hadn't been able to do this last year and paid
dearly in losses because of it, so was especially appreciative of his
help.  Another friend will come if I call him, but the rain keeps
coming every other day or so, so little gets done--the clay is too
sticky wet.  Linda Mann needed her rubber galoshes she wore when she
was here!  The woods are unbelievaly lush, but the agricultural crops
are hurt and so are the iris.  The smell of soft rot makes me cringe.

Neil Mogensen z 6b/7a near Asheville, Hendersonville, NC