Re: Viruses (or Virii - your choice)

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Viruses (or Virii - your choice)
  • From: "donald" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 03:31:25 -0000

Hello John,

> I think is is time to remind everyone that iris-photos, by its
very
> nature, is susceptible to viruses

I'm going to display my abysmal ignorance here.  How does this
work?  I've heard it before, but don't understand how it happens.  I
would think my own postings would be relatively safe.  Norton scans
every message I send out as well as those that arrive in the
mailbox.  In addition, my ISP uses McAfee to scan all incoming
messages.  So they are scanned even before Norton has a chance at
them.  Also, I am managing this list from a 'no mail' basis.  That's
somewhat awkward, but I wanted to control the incoming mail and I
read and view what's posted here anyway.  Have for a long time.  It
does make it harder to respond easily.  Does that make a difference
on acquiring a virus or not? Can they be acquired by viewing from
the archive level?

Thanks.
Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA - knowing there are no certain guarantees in
life.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/CNxFAA/2gGylB/TM