Re: OOPS!.....the REAL JOSEPH"S COAT KATKAMIER

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] OOPS!.....the REAL JOSEPH"S COAT KATKAMIER
  • From: Bill & Gale Wells wells@train.missouri.org
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 16:18:41 -0500

In Superstition Garden's catalog, the entry for Joseph's Coat Katkamier contains the statement: "We've updated the name to be 'PC' now!"  I don't understand what that means. I assume that at one time this cultivar was known simply as "Joseph's Coat"? Why would that be politically incorrect now, considering how many other irises have Biblical names?

Bill Wells (southern MO)

Elmsterj@aol.com wrote:
I erred in sending the picture of Joseph's Coat Katkamier the 1st time.  That was Kaleidoscope again.  BELOW is the correct Joseph's Coat Katkamier......Elm