Re: Seedling: Iced WineX Ostry White

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Seedling: Iced WineX Ostry White
  • From: ROBERT PRIES pries@prodigy.net
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 14:47:11 -0700 (PDT)

Sandy; 'Ostry White is a collected form of Iris
aphylla, it was found as the only white plant in a
large poupulation of Iris aphyllas in the wild. Your
cross could be registered as a spec-x and would
definitely be of some interest to species freaks as a
curiosity and very possibly a very nice garden plant.
You might consider registering it and introducing it.
--- Sandy Ives <rives@rogers.com> wrote:
> This is of interest to me only due to its age.
>
> This is the second year from seed.  In Ottawa...
> that's a zone 4b.
>
> Iced Wine is a shorter SDB from Chuck Chapman and
> remains one of my
> favorites.
>
> I think 'Ostry White' is a spec-X (with recessive
> everything), but it
> may be an MDB.  I haven't been able to find the
> registration
> information.  For us, it is very short.
>
> Combined, the two have produced an MTB.  No good
> branching, but then
> again, it's only in its second year.  I doubt it
> will improve in terms
> of branching.
>
> Another seedling did not produce a good photo (maybe
> tomorrow), but it
> has 'Glam' as a pod parent.  It is also blooming in
> its second year from
> seed.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sandy Ives in Ottawa

> ATTACHMENT part 2 image/jpeg
name=Iced_WineXOstry_White.jpg

> ATTACHMENT part 3 image/jpeg
name=Iced_WineXOstry_White3.jpg

FREE Cell Phones with up to $400 Cash Back!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_bBUKB/vYxFAA/ySSFAA/2gGylB/TM