Re: potential companion plant

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] potential companion plant
  • From: "Pearl Doyle" pdoyle@our-town.com
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 21:10:47 -0500

Donald the wildflower is Ipomopsis rubra, common name Standing Cypress (Red Texas Star). also known as Indian cypress. It is a biennial so if you plant it one year, it will bloom the next. It is a good idea to plant a few each year to always have some in bloom. It should make a wonderful companion plant for your iris as it likes the same rather dry arid conditions.