RE: TB: HELP!!!!

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos] TB: HELP!!!!
  • From: "Harold Peters" harold@directcon.net
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 15:17:44 -0700

I have had birds eat the blooms. It took me awhile to catch the culprits in
the act. I have a lot of blooms being a commercial garden owner so the
situation was irritated on both a personal and business level. I used some
"bird tape" over the row that was getting the most damage. Bird tape has
different flashy colors on the two sides. As the tape moves in the wind, the
flashes are supposed to scare off the birds. It seemed to help.

My  model now is that the early blooms are the ones that get the most
damage. As soon as there are a number of blooms open, the birds leave the
flowers alone. I did not detect any bird damage this year.

Harold Peters
Beautiful View Iris Garden
2048 Hickok Road
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762