HYB: SA from non horned seedlings

  • Subject: [iris-photos] HYB: SA from non horned seedlings
  • From: Sterling Okase <sterling_o@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 13:27:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hi everyone,

I raised this question a couple of years ago. The
question was if I crossed the resulting non-horned
seedling from a SA cross to a non SA iris, would I get
seedlings with horns. Someone (I believe it was Milk
Sutton) said I would get horned seedlings even if the
seedling being used didn't show any horns. So I made
some crosses and planted the seeds and got them all to
bloom. None of the seedlings were horned, not even
small horns. These were seedlings in the SDB range. So
now I am wondering if the results that Mike (or
whomever it was) talked about was TB results. Maybe TB
with the higher chromosome count will pass SA traits
more readily to seedlings when the parent is not
horned. Any ideas why I got no horns in the second

Do you Yahoo!?

Yahoo! Groups Links