  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] SHAMPOO
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 21:01:07 -0500

IB, Messick '75.  Usually blooms in this color range reflect the bright
sunlight here.  This one absorbs the light, so it's a dark iris where you
wouldn't expect it.  A weird thing happened with this cultivar three years
ago.  I daubed 7 times with AB pollen and got 7 pods.  I don't think I've
ever repeated that success.  However, I only got a single seedling up this
year from all the pods.  The year after it gave me those pods, it became a
victim of scorch.  I haven't seen that in anything this year, thank
goodness.  So this is a replacement plant.

The medians are beginning to bloom this week.  The week that usually marks
the end of my season.   MOVE OVER, ZULA, CRANAPPLE, LEMON POP will all bloom
this week.  Backwards!

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Yahoo! Groups Links