Re: sdlg L44 (OGB)

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] sdlg L44 (OGB)
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 21:13:23 -0500

LANCER'S spot does seem prominent.  DESERT DIAMOND's characteristics aren't too apparent in the photos.  DD has been a difficult parent for me.  It's never set a pod and when I've obtained a pod with its pollen the germination hasn't been good.  Your results indicate that it is still worthwhile to work with.  Those seedlings lookd very nice.

I can't decide whether to attempt EC or not.  Your results don't sound hopeful for success.  Some seeds probably need to be cultured in order to see results, though.  Where did the TB seeds that germinated get lost?  When they were transplanted?

Donald