playing with the chromosome

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] playing with the chromosome
  • From: "Marucchi Roberto" <romaru@libero.it>
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 23:39:59 +0200

sdlg 8824 : TB Amoena sdlg X I.Pallida variegata
I cultivate it from more than 15 years, the sizes are a little greater than a MTB.
Probably it is a triploid, highly sterile.
He gives me any seed always, germinated never.
sdlg GR-1 : I. Albicans X TB Yellow sdlg
I.Albicans is an intermediate (44 chromosome), he should be quite sterile.
But my clone is fairly fertile and gives me seeds with everything (SDB, IB, TB, AR) behaving like a TB.
This sdlg is different than all others, he has the look of a MTB and is fertile as pod parent , not tested as pollen parent.
Roberto from Italy

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links