Re: GACGs

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: GACGs
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net>
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 17:06:02 -0400

Thanks Vicki - except for "dusky grape", this is probably my best
seedling to date.  The only one I've taken to one of our shows ("dusky
grape" won't fit in Geo Metro!)  It was panned by the judges as being
out of class because the flowers were too small.  They said if it were
shorter, it might be suitable as a BB, but the flowers are really closer
to IB sized.

I'll post my two cents on falling stalks over on discussion.

Bill, as happens every year, by the time this one blooms, I'm so busy
making crosses I forget to take notes.  I'll check the dead stalks to
see if I can answer your question.  If nothing else, hopefully I have
notes on maximum bud count and branching, so can guestimate buds per
socket from that.

<This is a beautifully formed flower. There are gardeners who prefer the

                   smaller blooms on TB's. So many of the BIG, BIGGER
blooms just fall over
                   in the wind or especially when they get rained on.  I
can attest to that
                   as we grow quite a few TB's. Several of which are
blooming on the ground  now.  Vicki>

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/2gGylB/TM