LA seedlings

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] LA seedlings
  • From: <willwarner@alltel.net>
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 22:10:51 -0500

Hello, Here's some pics of some Louisianna seedlings that are blooming
today.  The one on the right bloomed last year.  New one is darker and
more compact.  Parentage is unknown.  I speculate that these might be a
species cross, as they look like no other LA here.  I also find the zonal
markings to be quite odd.  Small yellow signal in a large white area.
Just something about them that doesn't look
like my other LA's.  They are also growing much more vertical than the
other LA's. I kinda see a little bit of brevicaulis in the flower, but it's
never gets a foot tall here.  These are 30"-36" tall.   Probably never
figure out what they are, but I'm enjoying them anyway, and they are
growing really good.  Thought I'd share this comparison shot.  Will
Warner SW MO zone 6

Yahoo! Groups Links

JPEG image