RE: Help identify

  • Subject: [PHOTO] RE: [iris-photos] Help identify
  • From: "Harold Peters" <harold@directcon.net>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 11:23:42 -0700

Speeding Again attached.

John should have a canned "You can't identify irises from photographs." training session for all new people that has to be signed. I have been quiet so far so I guess it is my turn. It is rare when it is possible to identify an unknown on this robin. What the robin can do is give you a brief list of possibles. If you want to improve the odds about identity, you buy the most likely possibilities from a specialty iris nursery, plant them side by side to your unknown and when both bloom at the same time, compare torn apart standards and falls and beard in gory detail. IF everything matches exactly, you can safely call your unknown by the name of the possibility. The "known" may be incorrect but that's another story.

Harold Peters
Beautiful View Iris Garden
2048 Hickok Road
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762