Re: Pattern and/or similar iris help request

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Pattern and/or similar iris help request
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 15:41:41 EDT

In a message dated 5/28/2004 8:44:16 AM Central Daylight Time, harold@directcon.net writes:

Tom Johnson does come to mind

I have TJ here that I acquired last year. It's also growing in the Old South plot at the research station near here.

I too suffer some memory problems. I blame them mostly on the old women I live with rather than my age. Sometime back most of my thinkin' started gettin' done for me. Anyway back to the point.

Workin' from a memory that may well be flawed: The TJ pattern that it's bloom exhibited emanated from the inside of the bloom and on the hafts but were mostly hidden by the break of the claw area. While TJ visually presents a similar effect, I think the friends seedling photo I posted a somewhat different pattern in that the hafts are clean and the pattern does not start there. Just not sure about the TJ memory and only had three blooms on a stunted stalk to look at.

The LAI did wonderful here. I was much pleased. I recall (again with a flawed memory) sayin' or wishin' I'd said,  most of them would likely bloom the first year under my growing conditions. Regardless, most did.

Ten of the thirteen bloomed. Pleasantly, they were properly labeled as best I could tell from searchin' photos too.  Only have one photo of which I'm proud though. LAI present a whole new range of photo difficulties for accurate depiction of the bloom nuances. I sure do like 'em and am proud of every one of the plants..... well done old man, well, well done!

Smiles,
Bill Burleson

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here