Re: Pattern and/or similar iris help request

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Pattern and/or similar iris help request
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 22:01:22 EDT

In a message dated 5/28/2004 4:11:03 PM Central Daylight Time, randysiris@juno.com writes:

I don't recall Tom Johnson as having noticeable veining or half marks.
There should be some really good pictures of it from the National Convention
in Fresno, Ca. Since it won The Franklin Cook Cup.

It looked almost that good for me. I can see why you don't recall any haft marks or marks for that matter.Mine had more marks but lacked the exquisite form yours exhibits. Spect they both were about the same height and stalk diameter. (rollin' in the floor with my tongue gettin' bit from pokin' at my cheek).

Bein' more serious, I could not in good concience call yours a "veined zonal" nor could I have called what bloomed here that either. I could however easily call the seedling I posted earlier such without worryin' about my tongue.

I'm reservin' judgment on TJ. I lost the first one I got. I'm trying some different culture with the one I have now and for certain may be the culpret responsible for the lack luster performance here.

Mid America stuff usually does particularly well for me. I've come to expect it.

Prechate the input.
Smiles,
Bill Burleson

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor