Re: TB: Helen Collingwood

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] TB: Helen Collingwood
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 16:48:15 EDT

In a message dated 5/17/2004 10:16:21 AM Central Daylight Time, clc@cherylleigh.com writes:

I guess I shouldn't be so hard on this poor iris.

I continue to like this iris. It is trouble free and capable of increse under the harshest conditions here. Shaded, dry, packed driveway gravel.

Someone, Griff I think, posted some good lookin' seedlings sometime back from it.

As a point in passin', I've never seen a true HC that it did not have the purple streaks in the upper lip of the stigma. This has become the feature I most often use to seperate the true HC from the questionable imposters.

Prechate the photo.
Bill Burleson

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here