RE: Bloom Season Almost Over

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos] Bloom Season Almost Over
  • From: "Harold Peters" <harold@directcon.net>
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 19:17:01 -0700

Jean,

I investigated the Access database question about 16 month ago. At that time I was not able to find what I wanted as a commercial garden. I purchased something close and I have been modifying it to fit my needs better. I am about midway in converting my Word Perfect tables into Access databases. There are about 2000 cultivars in the current database. I plan of having all of my information in Access in time to prepare all of the needed  documents for the 2005 business year. By then, the Access databases would contain between 3000 and 4000 cultivars.

It is not very difficult to convert your Excel worksheet into an Access database. I haven't mastered the technique but my son did mine for me in a short time. If  you want more information, please reply privately.

Harold Peters
Beautiful View Iris Garden
2048 Hickok Road
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762