umbrata pattern

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] umbrata pattern
  • From: "Donald Eaves" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 20:09:11 -0500

This bee pod seedling from I'VE GOT RHYTHM is headed for the compost pile
when it finishes blooming.  But I thought it was one of the best examples of
the umbrata pattern as it was first described that I've seen growing.  That
was the fall rim color matching the color of the standards.  I think here it
was because the fall rim was so wide that the effect showed up so well.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Yahoo! Groups Links

JPEG image